Since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, our teams have been working hard to support and facilitate all levels of response in Lebanon and Jordan. Siren has more than 50 staff members and consultants now dedicated to supporting this response through our different programmes, as well as through the work that we have chosen to support and fund directly. We are fortunate that we have the potential to make a significant impact on the current crisis and it is a privilege to be able to contribute positively.
- We are working to support the mapping and tracking of Covid-19 outbreaks and localised response across the country’s municipalities.
- In Akkar and Tripoli, we are working with local NGOs to produce protective equipment for front line workers - so far we have provided suits and masks to prisons and to staff at Beirut Airport.
- We’re providing the Ministry of Interior and Municipalities with support to develop comprehensive risk assessment and to develop strategic planning .
- Within Lebanon’s Internal Security Forces, we’re providing support at various levels, including strategic planning, messaging and operational response.
- We’re working on reducing risks in prisons and detention facilities.
- In Jordan, our team is coordinating with the Public Security Directorate to adapt its Shoulder 2 Shoulder project - supporting community police and local security councils - to respond to the current crisis.
- We have also made donations to charities and initiatives chosen by our staff, to provide additional support to the communities we work in during this period.