|| Finance & Administration Officer
Siren is a not for profit organization working on security sector reform and broader public sector reform. Siren bases its projects on root cause analysis and implements solutions in light of findings and recommendations. Those projects often involve public sector administration process mapping, analysis, optimization and automation as well as related training and documentation. www.sirenassociates.com
The Finance and Administration Officer will provide Siren’s Team with appropriate finance, human resource, and administrative support to effectively implement program activities, as outlined below.
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets
- Managing records and receipts
- Reconciling daily, monthly and yearly transactions
- Preparing balance sheets
- Processing invoices
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of process
- Being a key point of contact for the project on financial and accounting matters
- Supporting the Finance Manager and executives with projects and tasks when required
- Maintaining accounts general ledgers.
- Processing monthly payroll (
- Management of cash flow and preparation of monthly cash flow projections.
- Preparation of grant / funding
- Maintaining Fixed Asset register.
- Liaising with banks for all finance matters.
- Maintain external relationships with service providers to ensure the efficiency of the office systems, supplies, premises and equipment
- Oversee logistics and other administrative tasks required
- Contribute to the organisation of meetings, conferences, events and actions.
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Business Administration
- CPA is an advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience in finance, and office administration, ideally for an international NGO.
- Experience in setting up new accounting systems.
- Experience in book-keeping and computerised accounting systems.
- Experience in making improvements to financial systems; an aptitude for this work is an advantage.
- Experience in reporting to donors in an NGO environment