Project Manager/Component Manager
Under the direct supervision of Programme Manager, the Project Manager will be responsible for achievement of project objectives, ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work.
- Developing detailed work-plans for implementation of project activities
- Managing and coordinating the implementation of project activities
- Assist the Programme Manger in developing Terms of Reference for consultants/experts
- Guide and support project staff, consultants and subject matter experts to ensure timely and qualitive implementation of activities.
- Produce monthly progress reports on activity implementation, issues and mitigation.
- Maintain a client centered approach in liaison with national project partners, mobilising participation and promoting ownership of national stakeholders in the implementation of the project
Gender and social inclusion
- Ensure the principles of gender equality, social inclusion and conflict sensitivity are effectively reflected in all project activities
- Ensure that gender equality and social inclusion are pursued in all project activities and reflected in work plans, budgets, reports, researches and analysis
- Project management skills and experience of applying project management tools (Logframes, GANNTT-charts, Kanban boards, Activity based budgets etc.)
- Budget management
- Report writing
Management, leadership and operational skills:
- Ability to supervise, guide, support and monitor performance of project staff and consultants
- Ability to mobilise and inspire initiative and proactivity to progress project delivery on time and according to budget;
- High tolerance for change, complexity and unpredictability
- Maintaining focus on impact and results for the beneficiary
- Maintain a positive, constructive attitude even under pressure
- Build strong relationships with team members, benefices and external stakeholders
Communication – ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to listen to others
- Respect for difference of opinion
- Able to build trust of colleagues, clients and beneficiaries
- Able to present complex, conceptual ideas in simple, persuasive terms
Knowledge of and sensitivity to the Lebanese context and dynamics
Required Skills and Experience
A university degree in Social Science, Political Science, Economy or a similar field is required.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience in project management, programme/project coordination and monitoring and/or provision of advisory services or similar;
- Demonstrated experience in liaising and co-operating with international donor organisations and/or public sector agencies.
Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills are required in English. Knowledge of Arabic and/or French is an asset.