Siren is seeking an experienced M&E officer – with a primary focus on Monitoring and Evaluation – to join its dynamic and multidisciplinary Research, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning team.
- Oversee the programme M&E plan, managing relevant data collection and reporting activities as per the project cycle
- Update the programme results framework as necessary
- Liaise with programme delivery teams to support them with relevant data needs to ensure on-going evidence-based delivered
- Deliver qualitative and quantitative evaluation activities on an agreed timeline, including data collection, cleaning and analysis
- Liaise with research colleagues to identify interesting learning opportunities; support workshops and/or report writing to disseminate this learning
- Other reasonable and relevant M&E-related tasks requested by the RMEL lead.
-5+ years’ experience in M&E, quality assurance positions or other relevance social science research positions
-Relevant academic experience – university degree in social sciences, natural sciences, engineering etc. (Equivalent professional experience also considered).
-Excellent mastery of quantitative skills highly desired, preferably with demonstrable experience of running large n-surveys as well as more focused testing.
-Strong understanding of qualitative methodologies, approaches and limitations.
-Strong understanding of, and experience working within, the project management cycle, as well as understanding of accountability processes.
-Strong understanding of M&E systems and tools, and experience developing and implementing a project M&E plan.
-Excellent fluent and written English and Arabic, including experience writing and reporting for a variety of audiences and objectives
-Deep understanding of the historical and current socio-political operating context in Lebanon
-Ability to engage professionally with a wide range of Lebanese stakeholders, including individuals in the public sector, civil society and the international community
-Fluent written and spoken English and Arabic
-Strategic thinker, able to see the ‘bigger picture’
-Excellent attention to detail and quality of final deliverable
-Dynamic team member, able to create strong working relationships
-Previous experience working in security sector reform or other large-scale public sector reform or governance project.