Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
About the Role
Siren operates in a dynamic environment and according to agile project management principles. The candidate should not expect a structured environment. Instead, the candidate will need to apply key principles of monitoring and evaluation in a fast-paced, flexible, and responsive manner. The role is ideal for someone who is able to manage, and thrive in, ambiguity. The role offers ample opportunities for innovation and ‘out-of-the-box’ thinking, and candidates are expected to bring their own ideas to the table for how to achieve the program’s stated outcomes. A background in social media monitoring and analysis, communications, and/or peacebuilding is strongly preferred to apply for this role. Ultimately, however, we will prioritise the ability to learn quickly and sharp critical thinking capabilities over past sectoral experience. Individuals seeking a challenging yet intellectually rich experience are encouraged to apply.
Recruitment is ongoing. A selected candidate who thrives in the role can expect to remain in post for project duration (24 months).
- Develop and maintain a detailed monitoring and evaluation framework and plan for the project, managing relevant data collection and reporting activities as per the project cycle
- Work with project teams to design, implement and validate appropriate analytics tools against identified performance measurement/monitoring and evaluation frameworks
- Create effective data collection systems that ensure timely inputs from all partners and delivery teams, including digital monitoring and online activity measurement
- Analyse data and use this analysis to create compelling evidence-based and actionable data stories to share with stakeholders to drive decisions
- Liaise with delivery teams to support them with relevant data needs to ensure on-going evidence-based delivery
- Work with our technology team and other delivery teams to inform the iterative improvement in design of outputs/products produced within the project
- Update the project results framework as necessary
- Maintain a diverse array of stakeholder relationships to ensure a tight feedback loop between delivery and evaluation
- Help to distil lessons learnt to inform organisational learning and future programming design
- Demonstrable commitment and alignment with Siren values, namely: Creativity, Commitment, Integrity & Courage, Perseverance, Taking Responsibility, and Valuing Diversity & Difference
- 5+ years’ experience in M&E, digital performance analysis, or other equivalent roles
- M&E experience in communications, digital media analysis, or equivalent
- Experience measuring the performance outcomes of digital technologies, products, services, etc.
- Ability to effectively interpret and translate data to communicate key findings to relevant stakeholders
- Strong understanding of M&E/performance management systems and tools, and experience developing and implementing a project M&E plan
- Strong understanding of, and experience working within, the project management cycle, as well as understanding of accountability processes
- Excellent attention to detail and quality of final deliverable
- Dynamic team member, able to create strong working relationships
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and perform well under-pressure
- Understanding of the political economy in Lebanon and the MENA region
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Excellent command of written and spoken Arabic
- University degree in social sciences, natural sciences, engineering, computer science etc. (Equivalent professional experience also considered).
- Master’s degree in relevant subject
- Experience managing/delivering projects in collaboration with Lebanese public stakeholders