Siren supports agencies and organisations in the Lebanese public administration to improve their effectiveness, responsiveness and accountability to the communities they serve, while and building their capacities for strategic planning and governance. The role of the Strategic Planning and Change Management Lead will be to spearhead and manage support to Siren's clients, with the aim of sustainably building the capability of government agencies to conduct analysis, develop plans, effectively coordinate donor activities and produce high quality analytical reports to inform policy and decision making.
Job purpose, tasks and responsibilities
The role of the Strategic Planning and Change Management Lead will be hands-on, working in partnership with clients to help embed new capabilities and empower clients to take ownership of new processes.
- Provide day-to-day, on-site mentorship and technical assistance to develop strategic planning and management capabilities in a wide range of areas, including: risk management; monitoring and evaluation; annual planning and prioritisation; communications; stakeholder engagement; project management; business management, leadership, etc. Support clients to develop the skills and confidence to apply new approaches and processes in their work.
- Support the production of analytical reports to guide institutional policy and decision making.
- Work in partnership with Siren system developers to define user requirements in developing and designing technical tools (IT-platforms and software) to support the operationalisation of new processes.
- Develop, deploy and ensure the uptake of new tools, mechanisms, templates and processes in support of the above capabilities.
- Design and conduct workshops, meetings and roundtable discussions, as needed, and document discussion findings in a clear, understandable format to inform decision-making
- Remaining responsive to the emergent needs to build longer term capabilities for more effective planning and management.
- Conducting high-level consultations with senior officials and stakeholders.
- Assist in the preparation of communications materials for a range of stakeholders, such as PowerPoint presentations, briefing memos, etc.
- Develop workplans and progress reports
- Participate in regular work planning and progress review meetings.
- Working closely with and providing guidance and direction to project team members assigned to the workstream managed by the Strategic Planning and Change Management Lead
- Degree in social science, political science or related field
- Demonstrable experience of strategic planning and change management
- Demonstrable experience of consultancy work
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Project management skills
- Confident to use of IT -tools (MS Office Suite, Spreadsheets, basic database management, reporting tools)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Ability to work independently and perform well under-pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain good internal and external relationships
- A nuanced understanding of the environment and context in Lebanon
- Demonstrable commitment and alignment with Siren values, namely: creativity, commitment, integrity and courage, perseverance, taking responsibility, and valuing diversity and difference
- Experience in security sector reform, public sector reform and/or public administration reform
- Command of written and spoken Arabic